Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Battle of Crap

The Battle of Algiers was horrific. I did not like any aspect of the movie. All of it was lame. Looking past the lack of color and subtitles that were prevalent with every frame, I still do not like any aspect of the movie. In no point in anywhere of Pontocorvo's incoherent rambling did he make any smidgen of entertainment for me. The movie dragged on. I did not like the acting, the very fake simulated gun fights from 20 feet away that somehow never killed anyone, or the torturing. I was not impressed with his controversial topic and boring representation of it. Each scene seemed like the last, only it was in a different ally. There was little change througout the movie and the conflicts were disapointing to me, after hearing about the problems in Algiers. All in all, the movie made me want to hold a small handheld torch to me chesthair and roast my man-sweater.
1/2 thumb up, a generous half of a thumb too.

No comments: