Wednesday, November 28, 2007

memento?... yes please, do you have the fruit flavored ones?

My feelings on Memento were not as highly reguarded as everyone else's were.

In my opinion, Christopher Nolan tried to get TOO artsy and cute with the movie.

Even after being educated on the scenario of the film, I was still lost in the plot, characters, setting, and side plots about Sammy Jankis. I dont even want to imagine the people who went into this film blind and knew nothing about it. The idea is a rather neat and original and creative one, but I feel Nolan overplayed the idea and stretched the theory too far, to where it became confusing and starting to lose its meaning and story. The whole black and white and chronological and reverse chronological order thing totally flew over my head. Also, I missed little details to the movie that were key, i.e. the change from colored to black and white, or the change of Jankis to Lenny in the asylum. All in all, the idea was a good one, but was portrayed way too over the top for me to like it.

1 thumb up

No comments: