Sunday, November 25, 2007

Kiss Me Lamely

Kiss Me Deadly did not fulfil any expectations I had for it. In fact, it made me mad. The entire plot led up to those two horrific endings?? First of all, a name as cool as "Mike Hammer" should never be given to such a person who can not meet the requirements of a genuine "Mike Hammer". Granted, he was cool, but not 'Mike Hammer' cool. Also, every clue that Mike found lead him on a giant goose chase where he would just miraculously come across a innocent person that would certainly tell him the absolute truth. I feel, that this was rather farfetched and unlikely. In adition, the girl that was suposed to be so pretty, the one tortured to death, wasn't even pretty!! I mean, come on if your going to explicitly call her gorgeous in the film, she better darn well be easy on the eyes!! This all leads me to the ending(s). Both of which did not entertain me, or in my opinion top off the movie. The atomic bomb ending just condused the heck out of me and the the screaming or shrieking of whatever that was made me scared. In addition, the run into the ocean ending didnt tell me what the heck the entire movie was all about, but in retrospect, neither did the a-bomb ending. Both had nothing to do with what the box was all about and the government and the girl in the trench coat. What a disapointing noir.
1/2 thumb

No comments: